ToodleBit’s aim is to provide exciting, well structured STEM projects (from a computing perspective) that provide pupils with the opportunities to design, make and code their ideas. Lessons are always hands-on, active and creative with computer science learnt via dedicated lessons and cross curricula projects.
As such we have developed six Impact statements that we believe ToodleBit will address with bullet points to explain how this will be achieved.
Increased pupil attainment within computing.
- Animated videos provide the expert subject knowledge.
- ToodleBit scheme of work ensures progression.
- Extension activities ensure all pupils are able to achieve their full potential.
Increased pupil independence and resilience.
- Video based lessons allow pupils to work at their own pace and encourage greater independence and resilience.
Reduced teacher workload.
- Teachers are provided with well structured lesson plans that are ready to use with minimal preparation.
- Animated videos guide each lesson so reducing the time required to learn specialised subject knowledge.
- ToodleBit provides the components for each lesson so reducing time spent searching for kit. All contained within its own storage box ready to pass from class to class.
Improved teacher knowledge and confidence teaching computing.
- Videos and lesson plans provide the subject knowledge and allow teachers to learn alongside the pupils.
A consistent delivery of computing across KS2
- ToodleBit scheme of work ensures there is progression and quality teaching despite teacher confidence in computing.
Enhanced broader curriculum
- Cross curricula projects mean computing is taught alongside science and design technology.